DEMO on sites
PURPOSE of DEMO
The purpose of the operation of DEMO equipment is to accurately judge “only 3 main points”.
① Grasp the SLUDGE's characteristics.
② TESTING to guarantee dehydration rate
③ Electric control device (TRANSFORMER, DRUM, electrode design-electricity consumption)
The purpose of DEMO operating in site is to verify the customer through the above three pre-testing and to receive an order for the main equipment.
FIVE (5) MUST in operation of the demonstration equipment.
1. The demo equipment can run most of organic sludge. However the following rules must be observed.
Less than 80% organic content
Electrical conductivity between 3,000 and 8,000µs
Low to medium viscosity
Less than 80% moisture content
With good cohesion and flock formation after first-stage dewatering
More than 20% organic content
Electrical conductivity between 8,000 and 12,000µs
Mid to high viscosity
Less than 85% moisture content
With some of the cell membranes destroyed after being cured by time lapse following first-stage dewatering
Very difficult sludge
① Less than 10% organic content with no conductivity
②Inorganic sludge such as stones, calcium, soil and dirt
③Super pure water purification plant sludge
④Electrical conductivity over 12,000µs
⑤Ocean or seafood sludge with high salt content
⑥Super high viscosity or super fine sludge
⑦Over 90% moisture content
Sludge to be avoided at all cost
Metallic sludge containing copper, lead or iron
Electrical conductivity over 15,000µs
Food sludge containing animal some bones (of chicken, pig, cow, goat, lamb, etc.)
※ NEVER use sludge containing metal, stone power, cement, soil, steel, copper, flammable material, kerosene, explosive chemical, high oil content or food (various animal, fish bones and lumpy leftovers).
2. The demo equipment is intended to prove relationship between sludge moisture content (dryness), throughput, electrical power consumption and weight reduction by inputting the sludge manually, and thus should not be run with automatic input. Automation can be achieved by designing such auxiliary devices as sludge feed device, sludge distribution device, sludge thickness controller, filter cloth, scraper, etc. according to the result of thorough analysis of quality of the sludge.
3. Restrictions on throughput and electrical power consumption of demo equipment must be observed. Otherwise serious damage to the unit may occur due to overload.
4. First thoroughly check power input unit, washing water supply unit, air supply unit, discharge plumbing, fume extraction hood, conveyor belt, SFD (Sludge Feeding Distributor) and SSD (Sludge Supply Device) before running the demo unit. Warm up the unit for at least 30 minutes. The main drum and all other internal components must be thoroughly wet through washing. The filter cloth must be clean.
5. Thoroughly clean inside and outside of the demo unit before finishing the demo operation so that there is no leftover sludge in the unit. Any leftover sludge will solidify into sludge cake and can cause serious damage to the unit at the next operation. Please thoroughly clean always the unit after work.